We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: May 16, 2016
Do you Know what Causes Gingivitis?
Are you at risk for gum disease? Find out which factors mean you need to be more proactive about protecting your dental health. Many people have no idea what causes gingivitis. This is the dental term for the earliest stage of gum disease. If it goes untreated, it can worsen into what’s known as periodontal disease. Factors that can increase your risk of gingivitis include:
- Poor Dental Care – When it comes to what causes gingivitis, poor oral hygiene is at the top at the list. If you don’t take care of your teeth, you develop tooth decay and gum disease. The first signs are often swelling and inflammation of the gums. If you notice these symptoms, seek out affordable dental care immediately.
- Tobacco – Both smoking and chewing tobacco increase your chance of needing periodontal disease treatment.
- Age – According to affordable dental care experts, your risk increases with age.
- Diabetes – High blood glucose causes plaque to develop faster. If not removed regularly, plaque can lead to tooth decay, inflammation of the gums, and gum disease.
- Immunity Issues – If your immune system is compromised by a medical condition like leukemia or HIV/AIDS, you have a greater chance of developing gum disease and needing periodontal disease treatment.
- Some Medications – Certain antibiotics, antihistamines, and prescription medications can increase your risk.
- Dry Mouth – Your saliva helps reduce the plaque and bacteria in your mouth. When you don’t produce enough saliva, this debris remains in your mouth and can lead to tooth decay and inflammation of the gums.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Atlanta, call today at or make an appointment. Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Atlanta. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .