We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: April 2, 2016
Dental Care Do’s and Don’ts
Your dentist will tell you that a healthy smile truly begins in the kitchen. According to family dentistry experts, the way you eat has a direct effect on your dental health. What to Eat to Beat Tooth Decay There are certain foods that are good for your smile, while others are very bad. The best choices contain calcium and phosphorus that strengthen tooth enamel, as well as vitamins and protein that protect your overall health. By choosing the following foods, you can protect your teeth and gums, as well as reduce your need for dental care treatment:
- Lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, and fish
- Firm fruits
- Crunchy vegetables
- Sugarless gum
Pass on Diet Dental Dangers Many foods and drinks contain sugars, starches, and acids that attack teeth and gums. If you consume these choices too often, you can increase your dental problems and your need for an affordable dentist. While these foods and drinks are acceptable on occasion, try your best to limit them and brush your teeth after having them:
- Sugary snacks and desserts
- Starchy foods, such as white rice, pastas, and breads
- Dried fruit
- Carbonated drinks
- Fruit juice
Dental Care Tips to Save Your Smile While your diet is one important part of dental health, family dentistry experts emphasize that your dental habits are the other major component. Along with a healthy diet, maintain these oral hygiene habits:
- Eat a variety of healthy foods for both meals and snacks.
- Avoid sugary, starchy, and acidic foods and drinks.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, preferably after any meal or snack.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Use an anti-bacterial mouth rinse daily.
- See a dentist for check-ups and cleanings twice a year, or as recommended by your family dentistry clinic.
- If you have a dental problem, seek treatment from an affordable dentist.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Atlanta, call today at or make an appointment. Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Atlanta. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .