We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Care Tips for Dentures
Losing your teeth can have devastating effects on your appearance and your health. Gum disease, dental decay, and trauma are common culprits in tooth loss that leave many people unable to speak or eat properly. Without teeth, your facial profile changes. Muscles sag and make you look prematurely aged. Fortunately, dentures can solve your problems and give you back your confidence and your good looks. Custom removable or permanent dentures can be created to replace your missing teeth with natural-looking artificial ones. With a new set of dentures, you’ll have every reason to smile again. 3 Types of Dentures Several types of affordable quality dentures can be created depending on your individual needs. With the options available, your dentist in Atlanta will find the best dentures to fit your budget and lifestyle.
- Removable conventional dentures replace all of your teeth. They are created and placed after any remaining teeth are extracted.
- Immediate dentures are removable and are placed on the same day your remaining teeth are extracted. The primary benefit of immediate dentures is that you don’t have to be without teeth during the healing period.
- Overdentures can be used to support the denture and preserve your jawbone if a small number of your teeth are salvageable. Dental implants placed into the jawbone may also be used to anchor permanent dentures into place.
Caring for Your Dentures
- To remove debris, rinse your dentures before brushing.
- Remove your dentures and brush them daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Also clean your gums, inside your cheeks, and tongue.
- Keep your dentures in water when you aren’t wearing them to prevent warping.
- Use denture adhesives with the ADA seal of approval.
It typically takes a few weeks to become accustomed to wearing new dentures. They may feel loose, and you may experience mouth irritation or tenderness. If discomfort persists, or you have questions about your dentures, see your dentist. To learn about our family dentistry practice in Atlanta, call today at or make an appointment. Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Atlanta. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .