A Little Advice to Help you Find a Pediatric Dentist
Finding a dentist to care for your little one’s smile is a very big decision. The dentist should make your child feel comfortable and want to take care of their teeth. To help you find a pediatric dentist that your family feels good about, follow this healthy advice.
Smart Ways to Find a Pediatric Dentist
Did you know that pediatric dentists have specialized training that makes them extremely skilled in the psychological, interpersonal, and developmental needs of children? They want kids to feel comfortable during visits, so many make their offices extremely family-friendly with a cheerful environment and an extremely patient staff. To find a pediatric dentist in your area, start with these sources:
- Get professional recommendations from your child’s pediatrician and your own dentist.
- If you’re moving, see if your child’s current dentist can offer a referral.
- Ask other parents about their family dentists.
- Talk to your neighbors and acquaintances about dentists they trust.
- See if co-workers can recommend an affordable dentist.
- Search the websites of dental societies, such as the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Dental Association.
- If you have a child with special needs, find a pediatric dentist who is highly compassionate, patient, and experienced at handling special circumstances.
Play it Safe with an Office Evaluation
To see if family dentists are right for your family, you need to see their office for yourself. Arrange to meet the dentist, tour the office and speak with the office staff. During your visit, be sure to consider the following:
- The family dentist’s training, experience, and interest in treating children
- Membership in the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- A positive, fun, upbeat office environment
- Child-friendly offerings for children, such as toys, games, books, or kid-sized furniture
- Convenient location and office hours
- Emergency services and policies
- Fees, payment plans, and insurance accepted, especially if you’re searching for an affordable dentist
- How the dentist and office staff interacted with waiting children and their parents
If possible, try to visit numerous family dentists for a fair comparison. After all of this research, review everything you experienced and let your instincts lead you to the dentist who is best for your child’s smile.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Atlanta, call Dental One Associates of Georgia today at (855) 979-3350 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Atlanta. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Georgia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Georgia.