Dental Care Wisdom to Improve the Appearance of Aging Teeth
As you get older, you may notice that your smile has changed over time. The years can bring on trouble for teeth and cause you to look much older. Discover some simple ways to keep your smile healthy and youthful.
How Time can Tax your Teeth
People are often surprised to learn that their teeth can start to age early on. According to dental care experts, teeth tend to shift and you begin to lose bone over time, which can cause gum recession and change the appearance of your smile. Additionally, years of wear and tear can wear away your tooth enamel or cause your aging teeth to move from their previous and proper positions.
The Impact of Stress on Your Smile
Both the daily and major stresses of life can wreak havoc on your teeth. See, much of that stress will go straight to your jaw, which can make you clench, grate, and, grind your teeth. Such tooth grinding is called bruxism and it can cause your teeth to chip, crack, and break. It can also wear away your tooth enamel, increase tooth sensitivity, and cause headaches and facial pain. If you start to see or feel the effects of bruxism, you should seek out immediate treatment from an affordable dentist in Atlanta to prevent additional dental damage.
Shield your Teeth Against the Effects of Age
No matter how you’ve treated your teeth through the years, now is the time to start caring for teeth and both repair and prevent the problems that come with age. Dental care experts suggest these strategies to improve the appearance of aging teeth:
- Maintain good oral hygiene at home by brushing for two minutes after each meal, as well as flossing and using a mouth rinse twice a day.
- Try switching to an electric toothbrush to make sure that teeth receive a complete, yet gentle, cleaning.
- To whiten and brighten your smile safely, ask your affordable dentist to recommend the right tooth whitening procedures or products for you.
- Have your fillings, crowns, and veneers examined periodically as their life expectancy is only around seven years and they may need to be replaced.
- If you wear braces, make sure to use your retainer as directed once they’re removed to keep teeth in their new, proper position.
- If you tend to grind or clench your teeth while you sleep, get a night guard to protect your delicate tooth enamel.
- Consider getting more frequent professional dental cleanings since plaque can develop at a faster pace as you age.
- Bring up any dental care concerns you have with your affordable dentist in Atlanta as soon as possible to ease your suffering and prevent any unforeseen dental damage.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Atlanta, call Dental One Associates of Georgia today at (855) 979-3350 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Atlanta. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Georgia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Georgia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Georgia.